New code for 5.15:
- Fix a potential log livelock on busy filesystems when there's so much
work going on that we can't finish a quotaoff before filling up the log
by removing the ability to disable quota accounting.
- Introduce the ability to use per-CPU data structures in XFS so that
we can do a better job of maintaining CPU locality for certain
- Defer inode inactivation work to per-CPU lists, which will help us
batch that processing. Deletions of large sparse files will *appear*
to run faster, but all that means is that we've moved the work to the
- Drop the EXPERIMENTAL warnings from the y2038+ support and the inode
btree counters, since it's been nearly a year and no complaints have
- Remove more of our bespoke kmem* variants in favor of using the
standard Linux calls.
- Prepare for the addition of log incompat features in upcoming cycles
by actually adding code to support this.
- Small cleanups of the xattr code in preparation for landing support
for full logging of extended attribute updates in a future cycle.
- Note: this fixes some SOB errors in the previous push.
xfs: cleanup __FUNCTION__ usage
__FUNCTION__ exists only for backwards compatibility reasons
with old gcc versions. Replace it with __func__.
Signed-off-by: Dwaipayan Ray <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reviewed-by: Darrick J. Wong <email@example.com>
Signed-off-by: Darrick J. Wong <firstname.lastname@example.org>
1 file changed