New code for 5.15:
- Fix a potential log livelock on busy filesystems when there's so much
work going on that we can't finish a quotaoff before filling up the log
by removing the ability to disable quota accounting.
- Introduce the ability to use per-CPU data structures in XFS so that
we can do a better job of maintaining CPU locality for certain
- Defer inode inactivation work to per-CPU lists, which will help us
batch that processing. Deletions of large sparse files will *appear*
to run faster, but all that means is that we've moved the work to the
- Drop the EXPERIMENTAL warnings from the y2038+ support and the inode
btree counters, since it's been nearly a year and no complaints have
- Remove more of our bespoke kmem* variants in favor of using the
standard Linux calls.
- Prepare for the addition of log incompat features in upcoming cycles
by actually adding code to support this.
- Small cleanups of the xattr code in preparation for landing support
for full logging of extended attribute updates in a future cycle.
- Replace the various log shutdown state and flag code all over xfs
with a single atomic bit flag.
- Fix a serious log recovery bug where log item replay can be skipped
based on the start lsn of a transaction even though the transaction
commit lsn is the key data point for that by enforcing start lsns to
appear in the log in the same order as commit lsns.
- Enable pipelining in the code that pushes log items to disk.
- Drop ->writepage.
- Fix some bugs in GETFSMAP where the last fsmap record reported for a
device could extend beyond the end of the device, and a separate bug
where query keys for one device could be applied to another.
- Don't let GETFSMAP query functions edit their input parameters.
- Small cleanups to the scrub code's handling of perag structures.
- Small cleanups to the incore inode tree walk code.
- Constify btree function parameters that aren't changed, so that there
will never again be confusion about range query functions changing
their input parameters.
- Standardize the format and names of tracepoint data attributes.
- Clean up all the mount state and feature flags to use wrapped bitset
functions instead of inconsistently open-coded flag checks.
- Fix some confusion between xfs_buf hash table key variable vs. block
- Fix a mis-interaction with iomap where we reported shared delalloc
cow fork extents to iomap, which would cause the iomap unshare
operation to return IO errors unnecessarily.
- Fix DONTCACHE behavior.
xfs: fix I_DONTCACHE
Yup, the VFS hoist broke it, and nobody noticed. Bulkstat workloads
make it clear that it doesn't work as it should.
Fixes: dae2f8ed7992 ("fs: Lift XFS_IDONTCACHE to the VFS layer")
Signed-off-by: Dave Chinner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reviewed-by: Darrick J. Wong <email@example.com>
Signed-off-by: Darrick J. Wong <firstname.lastname@example.org>
2 files changed