Merge tag 'x86-urgent-2020-06-11' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip
Pull more x86 updates from Thomas Gleixner:
"A set of fixes and updates for x86:
- Unbreak paravirt VDSO clocks.
While the VDSO code was moved into lib for sharing a subtle check
for the validity of paravirt clocks got replaced. While the
replacement works perfectly fine for bare metal as the update of
the VDSO clock mode is synchronous, it fails for paravirt clocks
because the hypervisor can invalidate them asynchronously.
Bring it back as an optional function so it does not inflict this
on architectures which are free of PV damage.
- Fix the jiffies to jiffies64 mapping on 64bit so it does not
trigger an ODR violation on newer compilers
- Three fixes for the SSBD and *IB* speculation mitigation maze to
ensure consistency, not disabling of some *IB* variants wrongly and
to prevent a rogue cross process shutdown of SSBD. All marked for
- Add yet more CPU models to the splitlock detection capable list
- Bring the pr_info() back which tells that TSC deadline timer is
- Reboot quirk for MacBook6,1"
* tag 'x86-urgent-2020-06-11' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip:
x86/vdso: Unbreak paravirt VDSO clocks
lib/vdso: Provide sanity check for cycles (again)
clocksource: Remove obsolete ifdef
x86_64: Fix jiffies ODR violation
x86/speculation: PR_SPEC_FORCE_DISABLE enforcement for indirect branches.
x86/speculation: Prevent rogue cross-process SSBD shutdown
x86/speculation: Avoid force-disabling IBPB based on STIBP and enhanced IBRS.
x86/cpu: Add Sapphire Rapids CPU model number
x86/split_lock: Add Icelake microserver and Tigerlake CPU models
x86/apic: Make TSC deadline timer detection message visible
x86/reboot/quirks: Add MacBook6,1 reboot quirk