Merge tag 'xfs-5.13-merge-3' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/xfs/xfs-linux
Pull xfs updates from Darrick Wong:
"The notable user-visible addition this cycle is ability to remove
space from the last AG in a filesystem. This is the first of many
changes needed for full-fledged support for shrinking a filesystem.
Still needed are (a) the ability to reorganize files and metadata away
from the end of the fs; (b) the ability to remove entire allocation
groups; (c) shrink support for realtime volumes; and (d) thorough
testing of (a-c).
There are a number of performance improvements in this code drop: Dave
streamlined various parts of the buffer logging code and reduced the
cost of various debugging checks, and added the ability to pre-create
the xattr structures while creating files. Brian eliminated
transaction reservations that were being held across writeback (thus
reducing livelock potential.
Other random pieces: Pavel fixed the repetitve warnings about
deprecated mount options, I fixed online fsck to behave itself when a
readonly remount comes in during scrub, and refactored various other
parts of that code, Christoph contributed a lot of refactoring this
cycle. The xfs_icdinode structure has been absorbed into the (incore)
xfs_inode structure, and the format and flags handling around
xfs_inode_fork structures has been simplified. Chandan provided a
number of fixes for extent count overflow related problems that have
been shaken out by debugging knobs added during 5.12.
- Various minor fixes in online scrub.
- Prevent metadata files from being automatically inactivated.
- Validate btree heights by the computed per-btree limits.
- Don't warn about remounting with deprecated mount options.
- Initialize attr forks at create time if we suspect we're going to
need to store them.
- Reduce memory reallocation workouts in the logging code.
- Fix some theoretical math calculation errors in logged buffers that
span multiple discontig memory ranges but contiguous ondisk
- Speedups in dirty buffer bitmap handling.
- Make type verifier functions more inline-happy to reduce overhead.
- Reduce debug overhead in directory checking code.
- Many many typo fixes.
- Begin to handle the permanent loss of the very end of a filesystem.
- Fold struct xfs_icdinode into xfs_inode.
- Deprecate the long defunct BMV_IF_NO_DMAPI_READ from the bmapx
- Remove a broken directory block format check from online scrub.
- Fix a bug where we could produce an unnecessarily tall data fork
btree when creating an attr fork.
- Fix scrub and readonly remounts racing.
- Fix a writeback ioend log deadlock problem by dropping the behavior
where we could preallocate a setfilesize transaction.
- Fix some bugs in the new extent count checking code.
- Fix some bugs in the attr fork preallocation code.
- Refactor if_flags out of the incore inode fork data structure"
* tag 'xfs-5.13-merge-3' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/xfs/xfs-linux: (77 commits)
xfs: remove xfs_quiesce_attr declaration
xfs: remove XFS_IFEXTENTS
xfs: remove XFS_IFINLINE
xfs: remove XFS_IFBROOT
xfs: only look at the fork format in xfs_idestroy_fork
xfs: simplify xfs_attr_remove_args
xfs: rename and simplify xfs_bmap_one_block
xfs: move the XFS_IFEXTENTS check into xfs_iread_extents
xfs: drop unnecessary setfilesize helper
xfs: drop unused ioend private merge and setfilesize code
xfs: open code ioend needs workqueue helper
xfs: drop submit side trans alloc for append ioends
xfs: fix return of uninitialized value in variable error
xfs: get rid of the ip parameter to xchk_setup_*
xfs: fix scrub and remount-ro protection when running scrub
xfs: move the check for post-EOF mappings into xfs_can_free_eofblocks
xfs: move the xfs_can_free_eofblocks call under the IOLOCK
xfs: precalculate default inode attribute offset
xfs: default attr fork size does not handle device inodes
xfs: inode fork allocation depends on XFS_IFEXTENT flag